Sunday, May 10, 2020

Post Apocalyptic Derelicte SS 2020

After all these years of obsessing over post-apocalyptic world scenarios, whether it be caused by Umbrella-like corporation bio chemical warfare that turns people into zombies, or post WWIII dooms day nuclear war originating from Cyberdyne-like humanity hating destructive robots..

We have finally arrived at what seems like a new frontier. But where are the underground legions in uproar protesting evil capitalism or the trippy hippy communes trying to forge a new way of living off the land and rock n roll and sex on shrooms all day or the utter chaos demons donning chains and leather on motorcycles living off the fumes of diesel and the desert breeze?

Well, so what did we get? Skittish mask donning, glove wearing, sweatpants wearing, couch bound, depressed, long haired citizens of the world hooked to their phones for some glimmering hope of social interaction. I guess I romanticized this situation a little too much.


Here's my attempt at encapsulating some post apocalyptic glam I was hoping to see?

2 comments:

  1. You may well be the heroine I have been hoping for!
    There are already organisations seeming to be battling in vain to stop the proliferation of killer robots world-wide. If the Trump and his sycophants have their way apocalyptic scenarios are, unfortunately, not that farfetched. In fact, they appear to want them to occur.
    The underground legions in uproar advocating sanity are everywhere, but sadly the new billionaire robber barons have bought and control most of the media, and are disappearing our legions and their protestations into Orwellian memory holes.
    I think I may have seen heroine Maggie Q using a pistol that looks like that one in an episode of Nikita titled 'London Calling'.
    Hopefully, you will, at least in my dreams anyway, be vanquishing the Trumpian corrupt umbrella-like corporate reptiles who are threatening to extinct most of us for profit.

    my blog (a Dec. 2015 post)
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, your comments are most appreciated. xo